Yeoman McAllister Architects have developed into one of the major architectural practices in Scotland and have built up an extensive portfolio of high quality, award-winning design and a recognised reputation for efficient performance in all aspects of our professional service.
We are committed to the provision of a first-class service that is underpinned by a philosophy of clear understanding and interpretation of the client’s needs and objectives together with a desire to exceed their expectations in every regard.
We require a qualified and experienced Architects and Architectural Technicians to join our practice in Edinburgh. Our growing workload means we need skilled Architects and Architectural Technicians to support the practice.
- Producing planning applications.
- Preparation of technical & construction drawings, details & specifications suitable for accompanying applications for planning and building warrant approvals all in line with project budgets.
- Identifying and managing risk through proper coordination of design information in line with project programmes.
- Coordinate with external consultants and suppliers to ensure consistent designs are delivered.
- Produce detailed drawings and specifications suitable for the design team to fulfil obligations in preparation of tendering and construction information.
- Produce detailed construction information suitable for site teams to deliver built product without compromise to programme, quality, health & safety and cost.
- Provide suitable support to site teams to ensure compliance with statutory requirements (planning, building control, NHBC etc) and to identify improvements in construction detailing and techniques.
- Preparation of specification documentation and schedules.
- Communicating with clients.
Essential Skills and Experience
- HND/HNC qualified as a minimum criterion (relevant Architectural Qualification will be acceptable).
- Preferably 2-3 years of experience, however not essential.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of Scottish Building Regs, producing and submitting planning applications.
- Sound awareness of CDM Regs and NHBC standards.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Full UK Driving license
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience within the use of Revit
- Proficient in CAD with a preference for Bentley Microstation
- Experience in 3D modelling preferably Sketch UP & V-ray
This is an exciting role and opportunity to join an innovative and growing company. The ideal candidate will combine excellent technical skills and communications expertise with a collaborative approach that will demonstrate the value of communications.
We are a highly engaged, passionate and performance-based team, committed to delivering on our ambitious goals.
We offer a welcoming working environment with a focus on good design, competitive salaries, training, a supportive working environment and career progression opportunities.
If you meet outlined experience and skills please forward your covering letter and CV to be considered for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.